Enterprise in Action
Advancing the educational opportunities for children and young people in Enfield is a central priority for the Trust. Much of this work will continue, and be advanced by, our member and partner schools in particular. However, ECT will also seek out complementary business and trading opportunities to further support and advance our collective mission.
Initiatives already in progress, or in the pipeline, include:
- Social Enterprise – working with our partner, Learning for Life Charity, and building on the work of West Lea School, to establish new and greater opportunities for young people to experience work and paid employment in a ‘not for profit’ or social enterprise environment. This also includes opportunities for supported employment. Students will have access to training and work experience to help them develop skills for the workplace, and build community engagement and social integration.
- Recruitment and Retention – establishing an ethical trading vehicle and/or partnership to provide temporary and permanent recruitment on a ‘not for profit’ or social enterprise basis. The core purpose of this service will be to provide greater work opportunities to those on the periphery of society as well as providing bespoke services to Trust schools.
- Training and Development – developing a trading vehicle and/or partnership to provide innovative and bespoke training solutions to our member and partner schools, to support staff to experience opportunities both within and outside of, the education sector.
- Apprenticeships – introducing an apprenticeship offer via a key partner to meet the needs of our community. Where possible, permanent employment will be secured, seamlessly connecting education and the world of work.
- Business Hub – forming a ‘business hub’ that member and partner schools can access to provide assistance with the business aspects of running a school. This ‘hub’ will provide both strategic and practical advice with marketing, facilities management, human resources, procurement, financial management, cost reduction and business planning.
To find out how you can get involved in helping ECT achieve its aims and initiatives, click here.